Who are we?
Keolis Châteauroux is a subsidiary of KEOLIS group.
The Keolis Group is a world leader in public transport operations. Present in 16 countries, Keolis operates urban, suburban, and regional networks on behalf of 300 local authorities. The Group carries over 3 billion passengers every year.
KEOLIS in a few words:
Values and commitments: customer satisfaction, safety, client relationships, operational excellence, innovation, corporate social responsibility, employee engagement, economic performance
Expertise: automatic and regular metro, tramway, trains, buses and coaches, parking, bicycles, river and sea shuttles, self-service vehicles and car-sharing schemes, airports
KEOLIS in a few figures:
- 56300 employees (France: 34200 / International: 22100)
- 5.002 billion euros of revenue in 2015 (France: 56% / International: 44%)
- France: 90 urban networks, 70 departments, 360 parking
- International: present in 16 countries and 4 continents
Keolis Châteauroux, formerly ST2C, has operated HORIZON, the buses network of Châteauroux Métropole, since 1985.
KEOLIS Châteauroux in a few figures:
- 71 drivers including 21 women
- 6 administrative staff
- 40 vehicles
- Including 2 vehicles PRM enabling people with reduced mobility to travel with Handibus
The network serves the 14 municipalities of Châteauroux Métropole thanks to 12 regular lines and 2 school roads. Since 2001, HORIZON has been completely free of charge for everyone.
HORIZON in a few figures:
- Almost 4, 8 million passengers in 2016, an increase of more than 200% since the implementation of the free transport
- More than 1500000 km made
- Almost 200 Handibus recipients for 70000 km made and 9000 trips
- More than 11500 trips made with Flexo by night
Created in 2000 with 6 municipalities, the Agglomeration castelroussine, now Châteauroux Métropole, has gradually extended to count 14 municipalities and 74738 inhabitants, on 54360 hectares including 56% of farm land.
Châteauroux Métropole is the Public transport Authority and assigned the management of its bus network to Keolis Châteauroux.
The bus network being totally free of charge, its funding comes from:
- The transport contribution (67%). The transport contribution is a tax levied on the payroll and paid by the local companies
- The transport budget dedicated by Châteauroux Métropole (33%)